1981 – To the dismay of some, I was born.
1992 – Learned to play the clarinet and won my first solo UIL competition.
1996 - Got accepted to arts magnet high school, Booker T. Washington. That school has created artists like Erykah Badu and Norah Jones, just to name a few. I went for visual arts and majored in illustration, jewelry design, and printmaking. Getting accepted was a proud moment.
1998 – Won my first jewelry competition and featured in the African American Museum in Fair Park.
1999 – Won second place in an architecture competition held by Neiman Marcus.
2000 – Graduated high school. “Barely, but I did.”
2001 – Unofficially came out of the closet.
- Sold my first photography piece.
2002 – Met a nerdy know-it-all named Kenneth Denson.
2007 – Moved back to Dallas and things got great again. The panic and anxiety persisted in spite of the good news that I was accepted to the art history program at University of Texas at Arlington.
2009 – At 28, I took the summer off and wrote and self-published my first book, Ordinary Boy. No one ever noticed but damn it, I wrote a book at 28!
2010 – I created the website Ask a Gay Guy.
- I officially came out to my family. They knew all along, but the words were actually said aloud.
2011 – We bought a house. Never a dull moment for a home owner.
- I released the collected works of the first year of Ask a Gay Guy (available on iTunes).
- The Dallas Mayor, Mike Rawlings, came for a visit. Long story. Such a weird experience. Not particularly a life changing event but still, I had the Dallas Mayor in my living room. Did you? He brought pie. Did he bring you a pie?
2012 – Met Shirley Manson of the band Garbage, also known as my number one idol. She said a story I wrote, that SHE read, brought a tear to her eye.
2013 – The completion of the second book of non-fictional essays, Masturbating with O.C.D. will be released in the fall followed by Ask a Gay Guy Vol. II in the winter.
- Got legally married in San Francisco on October 23.
2014 - Recorded the Masturbating with OCD audiobook